Universal 15 Hours funding and Extended 30 Hours funding
All children from the term after their 3rd birthday are entitled to 15 funded hours with our setting for 38 weeks of the year, meaning the other 12 weeks the setting is open you will have to pay full fees during these weeks.
- If your child turns 3 Years old between 1st January and 31st March funding will start from April (Summer term)
- If your child turns 3 Years old between 1st April and 31st August funding will start from September (Autumn term)
- If your child turns 3 Years old between 1st September and 31st December funding will start from January (Spring term)
- Our funded hours are 9 am-12 pm and 12 pm-4 pm, offering 6 hours per day as a maximum.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Tea are not included in our funded hours and these must be paid for in full depending on the sessions your child attends.
You do not have to claim the full 15 hours, for example if your child attended:
- 2 sessions you would have 6 funded hours
- 3 sessions you would have 9 funded hours
- 4 sessions you would have 12 funded hours
- 5 sessions you would have 15 funded hours.
Fee amounts and how we work the fees out can be discussed during your initial visit to the pre-school where a senior member of staff will explain the funding fully to you.
Since September 2017 the government implemented an additional 15 funded hours to eligible working parents meaning the maximum amount of funded hours per week eligible families can claim increased to 30 hours. These are known as 15 extended funded hours.
To learn more about this and check if your family is eligible you can visit: https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds
As a setting, we do offer up to 30 funded hours to eligible families, but before we can confirm this, you as the parent must have applied for your funding code and it remains eligible for the time your child attends pre-school. This needs to be re-applied each term to ensure we can continue to claim your full funding for you.
You must re-apply by:
- 31st March
- 31st August
- 31st December
Each year to ensure we can continue to give your child up to 30 funded hours. If for whatever reason your family becomes non-eligible or you forget to re-apply in time your funded hours will be reduced to a maximum of 15 hours per week.
The 30 funded hours are still offered 38 weeks of the year, however to stop any large invoices in the months, weeks funding is not available you will be put on a flat rate charge, which will mean your invoice will be the same each month unless any additional sessions or extras are added.
- We only offer 30 funded hours to children who attend full days.
- If your child attends 2 full days you will be receiving 16 funded hours per week
- If your child attends 3 full days you will be receiving 24 funded hours per week
- If your child attends 4 or 5 days you will be receiving 30 funded hours per week.We are proud to offer a range of funded hours for our children. We offer:
15 Hours funded childcare for 38 weeks of the year for ALL 3 and 4-year-olds
30 Hours funded childcare for 38 weeks of the year for families that are eligible from the government
15 hours funded childcare for 38 weeks of the year for eligible 2-year-olds on specific sessions throughout the week.
Please contact us to discuss the funding options further.